Twenty one students recently made their first step towards a career in agricultural machinery service and support, at Induction Days held at Reaseheath College in Cheshire and SRUC Barony near Dumfries having been offered the opportunity to join the Claas Agricultural Apprenticeship scheme.
The new intake of students come from Claas dealerships throughout the UK and Ireland. Of the new intake, 20 of the students will be training to be machinery service technicians, with one joining the Claas Parts Apprenticeship.
For over 10 years Claas has offered apprenticeship courses in both England and Scotland. Of the new intake, six students from dealerships in Scotland and Ireland will study at SRUC Barony with the remainder training at Reaseheath College near Nantwich.
For the 20 students joining the Landbased Service Engineering Apprenticeship courses at Reaseheath and Barony, their time will be split between blocks at college, where they will receive comprehensive technical training, and working for their sponsoring dealership gaining experience in the field. Apprentices will also attend additional Claas Product training which will be delivered across the whole four years at the Claas Academy in Saxham.
Also based at Reaseheath, the Claas Parts Sales & Marketing Apprenticeship is a three-year course, again with the student’s time split between formal block training at the college, balanced with practical time back at their supporting dealership. Upon completion of the course, successful students will be awarded a Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Operations, which is the equivalent of three ‘A’ Levels.
For all the students, the completion of their apprenticeship is just the start of their training with Claas. Following graduation, working with their dealership and Claas UK, they will have access to ongoing training and development, with the opportunity to move into more senior management roles within their dealerships should they so wish.
Reaseheath College 2019 CLAAS Apprentice intake
- Adam Cross EASTERN, Brigg (Parts)
- Jack Swift EASTERN, Catfoss
- Willem Jefferson EASTERN, Sinderby
- Charles Smith EASTERN, Sleaford
- Sebastian Moore WESTERN, Cirencester
- Max Swain WESTERN, Frome
- James Stickells MANNS, Kent
- Obi BrinkleyMANNS, Saxham
- Nicolas Searle MANNS, Saxham
- Jack Arnold MANNS, Thursford
- Jack Sainsbury HAMBLYS, Redruth
- Ryan Fleet MORRIS CORFIELD, Chester
- March Chisholm-Renals OLIVERS, Luton
- Toby Willmer OLIVERS, Petworth
- Archie Jenkins OLIVERS, Winchester
SRUC Barony 2019 CLAAS Apprentice intake
- Scott Briggs RICKERBY, Cornhill
- Sam Dixon RICKERBY, Dunbar
- Martin Young SELLARS, Old Meldrum
- Iain Scougall SELLARS, Perth
- Leon Cleary BREENS, Ennis
- Padraig Fitzgerald McCARTHYS, Cork