Job Title: Application & Service Engineer – European Engine Centre UK
Honda Engines are one of the world’s leading suppliers of small general-purpose engines used in a diverse range of Original Equipment Manufacturers’ (OEM) products such as generators, construction, lawn and garden equipment.
We are looking to recruit an Application & Service Engineer for the UK to join our small but successful European Engine Centre team. A field-based role with some time spent in the satellite office in Swindon, you will have responsibility for day-to-day engineering issues together with long term projects. You will support our customers in providing appropriate service solutions, supporting the Area Sales Managers enabling them to underpin and generate new sales to UK OEM’s.
With experience in developing effective customer relationships (OEM’s, Dealers, and end-users), you will possess a consultative approach in working alongside OEM and R&D and engineers, providing advice and support in correct engine selection by building a solid understanding of the OEM’s application of its products which will be ‘’Powered by Honda’’. In a similar way, build relationships with OEM service divisions to analyse occasional quality or service issues and work alongside the Honda service division to provide appropriate solutions.
- Work alongside the UK Area Sales Managers in building a solution for OEM requirements.
- Conduct and complete Matching of engines to all new critical applications.
- Organise after sales service for OEM, Dealers, and other end users.
- Detect, analyse, define solutions and report on technical problems in the market.
- Check and authorise warranties for OEM’s and Honda Engine Distributors.
- Provide technical support and training to OEM’s and Honda Engine Distributors.
- Providing any necessary support to OEM’s during pre and post sales phase.
- Support organisation and execution of service campaigns in co-ordination with Gent office.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Good quality mechanical engineering experience and awareness of modern electronic engine control systems is essential.
- As the industry moves toward selling battery powered electric motors, base knowledge of electronics (diagnostics, wiring diagrams, controls units etc) is highly desirable.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Experience in the ground care machinery and/or construction equipment industry would be preferred.
- Good organisational skills with a high degree of computer literacy.
- The ability to analyse and solve problems effectively.
- Excellent communication skills across different levels and disciplines in an international organisation, both written and oral.
- Persuasive, self-motivated and flexible with a confident, positive “can do” attitude.
- Willing to undertake extensive travel within the UK and occasional overseas travel.
- Willingness to learn and progress with the introduction of new technologies.
Excellent benefits including a competitive salary, Company car and Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 28th January 2022.