Following on from the results of the visitors' survey published recently, the organisers of the SALTEX exhibition have now released the findings of their post-2019 exhibitors' survey.
Results show that more than half of exhibitors reserved their space for the 2020 event before the end of the 2019 show and organisers have since reported a record number of repeat business, stand upgrades and an influx of debut exhibitors - with more than 200 companies committing to this year's event.
The organisers say last year's attendance was a record-breaking 9,104 - and this figure was rated as excellent by 85 per cent of exhibitors and, crucially, the quality of visitors scored 91 per cent in the survey.
More than 500 groundscare brands were showcased at the 2019 show and 83 per cent of survey respondents claimed the launches proved to be hugely successful.
The survey also revealed an insight into SALTEX’s range of exhibitors, which included 22 companies from outside of the UK, covering a broad range of groundscare categories:
- Machinery and hand tools – 54 per cent
- Sports surfaces and facilities – 29 per cent
- Landscaping – 26 per cent
- Seeds, turf and aggregates – 25 per cent
- Arboriculture and horticulture – 17 per cent
- Commercial vehicles – 13 per cent
- Security, health and safety – 10 per cent
- Play, street and furniture – 5 per cent
- Synthetic turf – 4 per cent
In addition, 89 per cent of exhibitors felt that the UK’s decision to leave the EU will not affect their business.
This year, the exhibition will be celebrating its 75th anniversary and 93 per cent of survey respondents confirmed that they will be returning to exhibit.
SALTEX 2020 will take place at the NEC, Birmingham on 4 and 5 November.